MasterSet RT 55 - Set retarding admixture with water reducing/plasticising capability.
How does MasterSet RT 55 work?
MasterSet RT 55 is a powerful retarder and auxiliary plasticizer which disperses and deflocculates cement particles whilst delaying the hydration process, thereby retarding the initial and final set. It can be used to improve workability without the addition of extra water, or to allow reductions in the free water content in conjunction with high range water reducing agents
- For extended workability retention of high strength, low W/C ratio mixes.
- Hot weather concrete where control of initial and final set is important.
- White cement concrete
- Slip-formed concrete
- Self-compacting concrete in hot weather
- conditions - as retarding component in the mix
What are the features and benefits of MasterSet RT 55?
- Increases density of concrete reducing
- permeability and thus increasing durability.
- Allows a reduction in free water.
- Highly effective in high cement content low water cement ratio mixes where its use enables concrete to be made more workable without loss in strength, density and durability.
- Enables controlled extension of initial set.
- The retarding action allows continuous
- concrete pours to be made, thus reducing the number of construction joints needed